Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 84; Fish Heads for Supper

I had to work all day Friday. I haven't worked a double in a very long time but it really wasn't that bad.

When I started my second shift, a co-worker assured me that there were perks about working on Friday nights. For instance, on Friday nights, the kitchen makes a feast for all of the employees working that evening. This made my heart sing. I love food. I love food. Foody, food, food. Here it goes down. Down into my belly. Mm mm mm... [Name that movie!]

So when I was told they put the food out, I practically ran back there to make myself a plate. "What was for supper," you ask? Well, kids... Let me show you.


I should have expected it. I mean...I do work at a Japanese restaurant. But even the usual Friday night workers were surprised and a bit scared, so I knew this wasn't the normal Friday Feast they had been ranting about.

Luckily, the chef knew this wasn't going to be everyone's cup of tea so he had some back up meat on the grill and some baked macaroni in the oven. It was a close call, I'm not going to lie. These fish have been haunting my dreams ever since.

3 comments: