Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 77; Painful Paintball

We played paintball at Jason's last weekend. By we, I mean the guys plus Allyson.

Jessica and I filmed and photographed. I have some good, funny footage which is great! I know Jess got some awesome shots, as well!

She and I made sure we were clear of the lines of fire but that didn't last very long. They played games like capture the flag and others of a similar nature. Then it became a game of terrorists capturing or killing the hostage. Allyson played the part of the hostage first. Poor, darling. As hostage, you get no gun and you just get shot at...

Wooooo!

She had 2 or 3 of the guys who were working to shoot the "terrorists" and bring her to safety.

Then one of the guys stopped playing, and I became the hostage...

I have to admit that I wanted to be the hostage at first. Sitting on the sides watching everyone play these intense games got me antsy. So I was eager to be apart of the battle...even if I wasn't the one fighting...

Because I'm an idiot.

Well I had Allyson, Kori, and Daniel as my protectors while Jason and Michael were on a hunt to kill us all.

Daniel....shot.

Allyson....shot.

Kori - "Well, I guess you're on your own..."

I mean, he was right. What were the two of us going to do when we had one gun against two experienced...terrorists...

So I crawled...I crawled like no one crawled before....

I got about 6 inches when I got shot right in the face. The mouth to be more specific. I had a mask on like everyone else so it wasn't as bad as it could have been but it stung like no body's business. At that point my mouth was full of paint from the shot so I couldn't yell, "I'm hit! I'm hit!" which would have stopped the fire. So Michael rises from the tall grass in an effort to end me, the already annihilated hostage, and shoots a few all around my head, getting two or three shots in my back.

I think it was Kori who yelled for the gunning to stop but that was it. I was dead...

I had a picture of my mask so you could see how good Jason's shot was but like the picture in my last post, it was accidentally deleted. I'll wait for Jessica to put up her pictures and I'll attach it to this post then.

I have this thing where I really hate to spit in front of people. Especially men... I'm not sure why. Maybe I don't find it very lady like? Or I don't want to gross someone out? I don't mind when other people spit. I don't know... I guess it's not a big deal but I get nervous even brushing my teeth in front of people because of that terrible moment I know I'll have to spit all of it back out.

With all the paint in my mouth, though...I had to suck it up and just do it. The paint is just flour and water with food coloring, I think, but I didn't know that at the time and it tasted disgusting. However, even if I did know what the harmless ingredients were, I probably would have still spit it out.

Paintballing isn't for sissies, I'll tell you that right now.

It's intense and awesome and I can't wait to really play next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment