Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 105; R. Kelly

Like I said in one of my previous posts, I MCed the LCCS 2011 Conference with my friend, Randall.

Randall is super hilarious and a student from Nicholls. He was a great co-MC! He had the entire audience cracking up with his wittiness. It was such a fun experience!


No one should ever give me a microphone. Once I have one in my hand, there's really no controlling me after that. Oh man...and if it's a wireless microphone? Well then that's really it for me...

I'm standing on stage with lights shining on me and a microphone in my hand... That tells my psyche it's time to rock n' roll. And once my psyche is rockin' and rollin'... It's hard to give up the microphone... Then the microphone becomes a comfort thing. Without it, I'm lost. I start planning out what I'm going to say into the microphone the next chance I get it. 

Quick! Come up with something important to say so you can use the microphone again!!! It's best if you can draw it out as long as possible!

I'm a mic hog. It's shameful.

I'm just thankful Randall was there to set me straight. Homeboy kept me in line.

[None of that is true....Okay....perhaps it's partially true...]

Haha! In all seriousness, everyone had a really great time at the conference, and I got a lot of good feedback from a lot of the students who came.

By the end of the weekend, Randall and I were very sad to say goodbye to everyone...and our microphones...

;D

No comments:

Post a Comment