Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Future Little Poop

So, yet again, another mushy blog. I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty darn sick of these mushy gushy sloppy droolly posts, but I've been super emotional lately due to the lack of sleep I've been getting. It's all been good emotions, though! For instance, our wonderful priest at church gave the most amazifying homily today. So amazing that I cried... Why? Because I am an emotional sleep-deprived lady. Though, actually, I slept well last night so there is really no excuse for that. The homily was just on fire.

Anyway, I digress. Today I decided to read through my journal (my written journal not this blog) from the day I started it to today. All I can say is WOW! My heart is just EVERYWHERE in it! One page really touched me, though. This particular entry is really randomly placed. I date all my notes but this one is just scribbled down in between entries. I can see that it was written the first week of school this semester because of where it's written in the journal.

It says;
"I pray that one day I might get to share my heart with someone, Lord. And my heart is You. And to share You would be all I could ever ask for."

It may not seem profound to you. But to me, it is TOTALLY the Holy Spirit talking to me. I don't even remember writing that!! #1, #2, and I always talk about how we believe that one's heart should fully and unconditionally belong to Christ and if anyone were to pursue that person's heart, they would have to go through Christ Himself first. And, ideally, our Lord would be holding both of their hearts, ya dig? We just believe that for one to be ready to date, they need to be fully content and enveloped in Christ's loving arms, that's all.

This was just a reminder I wrote to myself, I think. The entry was more of a nudge that was saying, "Hey, Kelly. Don't forget, okay?"

Okay, wittle journal, I getcha. And I'll do you one better. I'll share this with the people I love. BAM! There it is.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that reminder, Kelly! I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. And I wish I could've heard the homily today!

    ReplyDelete