Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My VBF

This is my VBF.

VBF stands for "Very Best Friend"

This guy is one of a kind. He's silly, compassionate, and at times a little creepy. But that's what we love about him!

He is also one of the most patient people I have ever met in my entire life! It's craziness.

Since he became my VBF in January, he's been there for me through everything. We have the goofiest friendship ever and when things start going way south for me, he's always there to brighten up my day in some way. He's someone I know that I could call at any time and he'd be there in a heartbeat.

I am honored to know him. Even through his hardest struggles, he's still out there helping his friends, picking them up, and urging them to move forward.

Why, just last night I was in a real funk. VBF invited my roommate and me to go watch the meteor shower with him. My heart was heavy and I wanted nothing more than to just crawl in my bed and go to sleep. (Plus, it was 2 in the morning and I had to be up by 7:30.) He wasn't having it though. He called me up, got me out of bed, and out into the beautiful night. Thanks to him and #1, I felt much better by the time we got back to the apartment.

Today in class, we were talking on FB chat (while sitting next to each other) and he was asking me how I was doing. As I was explaining myself, I told him that at this point, I feel like I've hit a brickwall.

His response;
"Brick walls happen....just gotta have the sledgehammer to bring them down. And hopefully someone who will step up and help you bust that shit down."

Charming, right? hehe

The point is that my VBF has shown me the purist and truist kind of friendship. A kind of companionship that I will take with me for the rest of my life. I've learned so much from his unselfishness and I have no doubt that he'll teach me so much more of what friendship really means.

Thank you for everything you do, VBF. You are one of the best guys I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment