Sunday, October 4, 2009

As Ghetto As I Get

So, I wasn't arrested, and I wasn't shot at.

HOWEVER, I recently have discovered that I don't fit into any of my pants anymore and so they sag...

As I was just getting ready for work, I realized my black pants kind of swallowed me and they hung way below my hips. WAY below. I looked THUG NASTY. Straight out of the hood.


In this emergency, my mother ran to the back to get her black pants for me to try on. I'm never going to fit in them, I thought to myself. Have any of you seen my mother? She is a little Italian lady. She shops in the petite section. I'm about a half a foot taller than her.

She gave them to me, and I hesitantly tried them on knowing what the outcome would be.

They should not fit me. They are three sizes smaller than what I fit in three months ago. But here they are. I swear, these pants are like the magical jeans from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. We had to let the hem out because they're petite, of course. But nevertheless, they fit.

It's kind of a big deal. I'm just supa excited, and I needed to tell someone.

I was totally willing to go to work looking straight out of the penitentiary.

2 comments: