Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Makes Me Think

I know I've mentioned makesmethink.com before. I'm pretty sure I have.

Anyway, I was on it today and there was one entry that just really hit a nerve.


Today, as I was sitting in a fast food restaurant wearing a t-shirt and some baggy sweatpants, a random man walked over to me and said, “I just wanted you to know that I think you’re beautiful.” Then he smiled and walked out the door. I am 49 years old and haven’t received a compliment like that in years. MMT


Isn't that wonderful?!


I mean, I can't even imagine the joy that filled that woman's heart. We forget how much we need to hear that--"I think you're beautiful." Or maybe we never forget, we just believe we aren't beautiful because no one has said so. Though I personally think that that is hubbish (I made that word up), I believe that thought process is very real. Unfortunately, we forget how dazzling we really are, ladies! We forget ALL the time.


The thing is we are being reminded constantly. By our Father, silly goose!! I know that sounds corny but just hear me out. He is always reminding us of how alluring we are. "How," you might ask?


Well, for example, the breeze makes me feel beautiful. I have no idea why. It just does! The cool wind on my skin and in my hair. Soaking it in. That's my element. It's God's gift to me. He's saying, "Here, feel this. I love you. You're so beautiful." I haven't ever told anyone that before. It's kind of been my own little secret with the Big Guy upstairs. But I'm not ashamed and I believe you need to hear it!


You're God-given femininity alone makes you extraordinarily gorgeous--inside and out. A woman comfortable in her beauty is just drop dead crazy beautiful to me. A woman who knows that the gifts she has to offer are one of a kind and indisputable is jaw dropping. Don't you agree?! I pray that one day, we all reach this point. I'm not fully there yet, I'll totally admit it. But everyday is a chance for me to get closer. And I assure you, I'm getting closer.


Messages from God like sunsets, the rain, and, of course, the breeze are all ways He's romancing us. He has a crush on you, babe. He really likes ya a lot. Why not listen to Him when he tells you how beautiful you are? He would know better than all of us.


I don't have to look at you to know how lovely you are. Being captivating and radiant is not skin deep no matter what society today might tell you. They are wrong and before you do anything, you've got to believe that fact.


I mean the woman in the entry said she was in a t-shirt and baggy sweatpants. Not only did age make her feel less beautiful, but she stressed that she was not even fully put together that day! And yet...some man--God bless that man--was so taken back by her that he walked up and vocalized to her what he saw. An intrument of the Father to bring forth the song of that darling woman's heart.


Yes, I am sad that most of us need to hear it to believe it. I mean, hey, I'm one that does! It's like when your mom says she loves you, though. You know she loves you. But doesn't it feel good to hear it and be reminded of it? It does! We forget we're beautiful so it feels good when someone tells us. I'm trying not to rely on that though. My challenge for all of you and myself is to work to being comfortable in our own beauty. To know just how captivating we really are! It's liberating, almost! The sense of confidence and assurance that we have something to give to the world!


I kind of can't handle the excitement in my heart for us, pretty ladies!


And guys, please, never stop reminding them of how beautiful they are. We forget all the time! Silly girls!

2 comments: