Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 51; My Birthday

I turned 21 on the Monday of finals week.

It was a really wonderful birthday!

That night I worked in the office, and Michael, Therese, and I wrote a really inspiring short story.


We each wrote a line of the tale. I think we titled it "Bernard the Caterpillar." This is how it went.

M: One day there was this caterpillar...
K: Who was sitting on a leaf...
T: But you couldn't see him because he was covered by a bigger leaf...
M: The caterpillar's name was Bernard...
K: He was green with yellow polka-dots...
T: He couldn't see very well...
M: He started eating the leaf when...
K: A big, giant wasp flew by him...
T: But he thought it was a rain cloud because he couldn't see very well...
M: And then…
K: Bernard said, "Looks like it's going to rain…"
T: And then a big gust of wind knocked him off the leaf into a strange, new world...
M: By this point, he was pissed SO HE WHIPPED OUT HIS ROCKET LAUNCHERRRRR!!!!
K: And tried to rocket himself back to the leaf but he shot straight into the wasp, instead…
M: >:(
T: The wasp couldn't see Bernard because he was a small caterpillar but he still tried to hurt Bernard anyway...
M: Realizing one was not enough, HE WHIPPED OUT A SECOND ROCKET LAUNCHER!!! :D
K: AND  NUKED JAPAN!!!
M: ...racist…
T: I'm leaving….
K: :(


I'm working on finding a publisher.

2 comments:

  1. haha! this is pretty accurate to what went down! I'm impressed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha if you make this story into a children's book - with binding - I will buy it.

    ReplyDelete