Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 49; Christmas Season

I'm crazy about Christmas. That's because I love the season. Little baby Jesus, eggnog, Santa, the music, the lights, mistletoe, the decorations, the weather, all of it.



I love it so much that I get really intense when it comes to preserving the spirit.

As in Christmas season does not start a minute before November 26th of each year for me.

Here's why...

I used to get pumped when Christmas music was coming on in October. And I used to get super excited when Christmas decorations and commercials were up well before Thanksgiving. So when my stepdad, who is a Christmas fanatic just like me, put up a million decorations the day after Halloween one year, I was ecstatic. But by the time the long awaited holiday finally came, I was all Christmas-ed out. Christmas wasn't ruined, per say. It just wasn't the same. That year I realized how important it was to keep the special season sacred. And so ever since then, I've done just that.

Not one Christmas jingle, not one ornament, not one drop of eggnog before November 26th (the day after Thanksgiving.)

It bothers my friends who are a little less tight about those things. I can be a bit...pushy...sometimes.

But I don't want anyone's Christmas spirit to be spread too thin!!! 

WE MUST PRESERVE THE SEASON!!

*deep breathe*

Merry Christmas, folks..

No comments:

Post a Comment