Saturday, August 29, 2009

Makes Me Think

About a month ago I stumbled upon a Web site called "Makes Me Think (MMT)". It's like an FML or MLIA Web site but BETTA! It's little inspiring, beautiful passages that quite literally "make you think." I'm absolutely in love with this Web site. I probably look through it everyday.

makesmethink.com for any of you who are interested.

I wanted to share some beautiful entries I read this morning.

Today, when he got home from work, he told me he got an A on his final exam in Accounting, found a $50 bill in the back of a taxi cab, and that his new boss treated him out to an expensive lunch. Then he said, “But your smile just made my day.” MMT

Today, after 10 years, my husband suddenly quit smoking cigarettes. When I asked him why he decided to quit, he said, "I want to grow old with you." MMT

Today, I held my newborn baby girl in my arms for the first time. I didn't think I was ready to be a dad, but now I know I am." MMT

Today an old woman at the gas station came up to me and said, "I'm so embarrassed, but could you help me?" I thought she was going to ask for money, but she told me that last week her husband died and she had never pumped gas before. She had no idea what to do. MMT

Today, I returned home after being stationed in Iraq for 9 months. While I was still in uniform, I went into an ice cream shop near the airport to get a milkshake. The girl behind the counter handed me my shake and said, “It’s on me.” “Thanks, you didn’t have to do that,” I said. “Neither did you,” she replied. MMT




*tear*

1 comment:

  1. These are...AWESOME!!! I love them! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete