Friday, July 24, 2009

There's Only This

I will not let myself discuss the results of tonight's episode of So You Think You Can Dance. I will not do it. All I will say is that America needs to buy a clue. That's all I'm saying. That's it.

Moving on.

Today was better besides the fact that it was the TWENTY-THIRD!! *scary music*
(23 reference, btw. If you haven't seen that movie, don't. It'll take over your mind.) ;)

So why is it 2:32 AM and I'm sitting here writing to you? Well, first of all, I like you. Second of all, I'm never sure when my next chance to update will be so I've been trying to every chance I get. Third, I just finished flashcards and notes for studying for a test I have tomorrow afternoon and I'm taking a breather. And lastly, because I have something of significance that I want to say.

People, there is a message that we are all being sent that I feel like we're not getting. Actually, we are definitely getting the message, just not listening. I know too many people right now completely discontent, unhappy, and searching. They are going to all of these different outlets looking for this one thing to satisfy them. They can't figure out what that specific "thing" is though. Searching and searching. Looking high and low for it. I could go into detail but it's unnecessary and I think you get the picture. So many people are trying to find peace.

We are told everyday where this peace is. We are constantly being pointed in it's direction but we never listen! Could it be more obvious though? I mean...He pinned Himself up on a big wooden cross to get our attention, for Pete's sake! We are so blind. I know I am... It's so easy to just go looking everywhere else for that satisfaction you're longing for. But is it REALLY easier? We are looking to our hobbies, our relationships, and even ourselves for this rest...this completion. Striving, fighting, working our butts off trying to get there. Trying to get our hearts to just rest.

If we could just be satisfied with Him, I know our hearts will find peace. It's the simple truth. To be able to say that Christ is enough for you is to have a rested heart. If you could just look at Him and decide that you know He is all you need....well, I think you'll find what you've been searching for and that the outcome is worthwhile.

Just something I wanted to get off my chest. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment