Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 42; Frenzies

I got together with some of my friends yesterday in Slidell and watched Secondhand Lions with them. Before we watched the movie, we ran to the mall to get some food. Naturally, we wound up playing around a bit, too.


I love Secondhand Lions. It's definitely in my list of Top 5 Favorite Movies.

I always love movies with great father figures. You don't even understand. I cried for Despicable Me and Morning Glory. Give me a story line where there are some serious fathering points, and I just liquefy into a puddle on the floor.

Good fathers are my favorite.

Here's one of my favorite lines in the movie. It's a speech Robert Duvall's character, Hub McCann, gives to Walter, Haley Joel Osment's character:

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."

2 comments: