Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 26; Traffic.

Traffic is God testing me. It really is.

I can usually hold myself together. I can be patient, deal with people's unpleasant habits, and I can even be graceful sometimes. But stick me in the driver's seat of a car in the middle of bumper-to-bumper traffic and I lose all sense of propriety.


If you ever want to see someone's true self, have them drive you through gridlock traffic. You'll find out all you need to know about them. If you find someone who can handle such a situation, hold on to them. Never let them go. I'm telling you, a patient person in traffic is like a unicorn.

I am not like a unicorn. I cannot handle traffic.

I am an aggressive driver who likes to move quickly and efficiently to get to my next destination and so I find traffic very difficult to deal with.

I become the Hulk and it isn't very pretty.

Granted, I've cooled down a lot in the past year or so. I am, fortunately, a little less hulk-like, and I've found a good, solid amount of patience in me that I've learned to channel. But catch me on a bad day and it's over...

Hell hath no fury like a redheaded woman sitting in traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment