Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yours Truly, The Gullible Fool

For some reason, people are just realizing how much of a scaredy-cat I really am.
It all came out Thursday night when Elizabeth and Ashley played pulled a little pranklet on me.

They do random things all the time, those two. This one time, Elizabeth coordinated a flash dance party in our bedroom while we were all just laying around. I was laying on my bed watching Sex and the City when all of a sudden, Elizabeth, Ashley, and my brother who was in town at the time came in and started dancing around the bed.

Things like that happen here...

Anyway, I was at work Thursday night. I worked till about 9:30ish. I came home, played with the roommates a bit and then started getting ready for bed. Actually, all 3 of us were getting ready for bed. I opened up one of my drawers to get something and saw this staring up at me...


"What is this," I asked Elizabeth.

"I don't know. A skull," she said.

"Why was it in my underwear drawer?!"

"I don't know. Maybe you kept it from the Halloween dance?"

"No...I'm pretty sure I didn't save this little skull head from the Halloween dance. What is this, Lil-E?!"

At this point, Ashley came in. "What is going on," she asked with false concern.

"I found this skull in my underwear drawer. Which one of you put it in there?"

"Wasn't me," they replied in unison. "Maybe Stephanie did it," they suggested.

"Stephanie wouldn't do this."

"Maybe Jason did it," was another suggestion.

"Jason would not go in my underwear drawer...."

Finally, I just gave up. I was not convinced that they didn't do it because I know these two ladies. However, I was willing to give it a rest. I simply put it on Stephanie's dresser and covered it with on of Elizabeth's rags because the darn thing was glow-in-the-dark, and I was not going to have it staring at me all night. I continued to go about my nightly rituals. When I went to get my retainer from it's case, I discovered that my retainer was not there and had been replaced with a second skull.

BAM!

I freaked out and threw it at Elizabeth who was in bed.

I screamed, "Why would you do this to me?!"

"What?! Don't throw this at me!!!"

Ashley came in again. I fell to the floor half laughing, half freaking out. What can I say? I get spooked fairly easily. Ashley asked what was going on again. I told her I found another skull in my retainer case.

"OMGSH! THIS IS FREAKY! OMGSH! WHO DID THIS?!" That is what they were both saying.

I still did not believe them and their cruel lies. I started going around searching for more of this vermin that was infesting my stuff.

Make-up bag? Skull.

Robe pocket? Skull.

Pillow case? Skull.

Air conditioning vent?! Skull.

"What is going on," I half laughed, half screamed.

Then I proceeded to raid the kitchen. I opened the fridge, the freezer, the microwave, the oven, and then the cabinets and drawers. When I opened one of the cabinets, a full on skeleton hanging from a rope dropped in front of me. I screamed. Ashley came out to see what happened but said she was too scared to look. Ashley looked like she was genuinely as freaked out as I was. And this is where I fell in their trap...

My name is Kelly. And I am a fool.

I jumped on my bed. I was scared, my heart was racing, and I didn't know what the heck was going on. So I cried....

My name is Kelly. And I am a cry baby.

I didn't even know I was crying until both Elizabeth and Ashley paused mid-chaos and asked, "Is she crying?!"

"What?! I'm scared!!" That was all I could say.

I started throwing on clothes and grabbed a few books, my phone, and my car keys. "I'm getting out of here," I proclaimed.

"It's 1:30 in the morning, Kelly. Where are you going?"

I was on my way to the door. "Adoration. I can't stay here."

Elizabeth stood against the door. "You're going to leave us alone."

I took off the chain. "Nope, you have each other."

"You can't leave, Kelly!"

"Oh, yes, I can. I can do whatever I want!!"

"Okay, we have to tell you something...."

And there it was. A full confession that the two ladies I live with were the culprits who scared the very life out of me. They felt terrible after. Apparently, they didn't expect me to be legitimately scared from that. And I mean, it's true. Who get's freaked out over that?!

I am not going to lie to you guys. I was still very much afraid after it was all over. I'm not sure why. Maybe because for a split second I honestly believed some creeper came in to put little, plastic, glow-in-the-dark skulls around my apartment and I just couldn't shake that feeling? Maybe it was because my heart was still racing 4,258,723,045,823 miles a minute. I can't really say. All I know is that the truth came out that night.

My name is Kelly. And I am a gullible, scaredy-cat fool who cries.

1 comment: