Friday, June 26, 2009

A Letter to Southgate

So I have this friend.
And, yes, no matter what I will still call her friend.

You see being friends with me is kind of a long term deal.
I don't let go easily. So you're stuck with me.
I digress.

So this friend. She is hurt. She is broken. She is beautiful. She is battling some things right now. Things she thinks no one understands. Things she'd be surprised how much I really do understand. I'm not going to sit here and psychoanalyze her. She doesn't need that and I think anyone who really knows her knows her story, as well. So she's been in a rut lately. A very deep rut. A rut I've only ever been in once. Once was enough. I prayed to God no one would ever have to make it that far down. But here she is. And it kills me because I know. I know that the only person who can get her out of there is herself. No friend, no family, no man. Just herself and the strength of her Lord and Savior. So where does that leave all of us? Waiting, worrying, consoling. She could lean on us if she wanted. But she doesn't. When I was hurt, I pushed everyone away. Every person who tried to help me. They were just being good friends. They did nothing wrong. My point is that I can't be angry at my friend for doing this. No, I'm not going to sit here and say it's okay. Because it's not. I have come to learn that you are nothing without your support network. When you push these people away, what do you have? I'm just saying that because I was there once, I know what's going through her head. She says we're making things worse for her. She says she knows it's not our intentions but we are. We have been trying to help. Getting her out and around people. The truth is she'll be the only one who decides when she wants to be happy again. And yes, trust me, it is THAT easy.

If everyone would join me, I would like to request prayers for her.
She should know that we will not stop loving her, caring for her, or worrying about her.
We are her friends. We want to see her smile a genuine smile again.
Until then, all we can do is give her name to her Father.

Amen? Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment