Friday, June 26, 2009

All that Jazz

Let me set the scene for you.
I have the apartment to myself. My favorite vanilla candle is lit. Grease 2 is playing in the background. I have a bowl of some really good red grapes sitting next to me. And I'm just relaxing on our big comfy brown sofa that I love oh so much. Ahhhhhh....this is good.

Took #2 to a dance supply store today so she could get some clothes for her ballet class.



Her and her brand new ballet shoes :) Doesn't she look so happy?!
She actually just walked in!

Took a Wal-Mart trip. Hil-Bear and Libbs came.
They both moved in town this week!! I'm so excited!
It's so good to have more friends here to hang out with!
Libbs is broadening my cooking horizons. I'm actually marinating some chicken as we speak thanks to his excellent guidance. More experiments to come, I assure you.

Tonight I went to see a Jazz concert called Hot Summer Nights and Cool Jazz with Libbs, Happy Feet, Lord Router, & Annette Funicello. Would you like to know how it was? Hmm...what's the best way to describe it? Sensational, spectacular, phenomenal, amazing, fantastic!! Yeah, I'd say that's about right. Jazz is a feeling. And trust me on this, you could feel it tonight. All improvisation!! It all comes out of how they feel at that specific moment.


(Taken with cellphone. So excuse the lack of quality.)

I'm just in awe. But wait, there's more. A vocalist named Germaine Basil comes out. She was just breathtaking! An older jazz vocalist who can skat like no body's business! Skatting is my favorite. My absolute favorite!

Good times :) Twas a wonderful night, kids. I hope all of you had a great Friday, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment