Friday, December 25, 2009

Getting Sentimental Over You

It's people like my mom,

and my brother,

(Photo by Miss Elizabeth Cowan)

and my roommates...

who make me feel I'm worth being loved.

These are the four people who probably know just about everything there is to know about me. All right, maybe not every detail... but so painfully close, it isn't even funny. All four have lived with me so they know me at my worst, at my best, at my happiest, at my saddest, at my angriest, at my laziest, etc. Most importantly, they see me when my guard is completely down, when I'm most vulnerable, and when I am 100% real.

The simple fact that they still love me, makes me realize that I'm worth that...because I have that. You know? Does that make any sense to you?

I mean...it was just a second ago, while sitting here on my bed, reading my book that this really hit me. They know me at my absolute worst. My worst and my ugliest. They've seen me at my very lowest and they STILL love me. That means something, right?!

It was like this little brick from up above smacking me in the face saying, "Look who you've got, silly girl!"

I'm not saying that no one else makes me feel worth being loved! That is certainly not the case. I just know that these four people are the four that know me the most out of anyone on Earth. Therefore, they have seen me when I'm not so pleasant and smiley, you know?

I'm so thankful for them! You have no idea!! I'm a blessed girl, I truly am. I don't deserve that kind of love for a second, but they give it to me unconditionally anyway, that's for sure.

My mom, my brother, Stephanie, and Ashley tell me everyday that I'm worth it. Worth all of it. The fight, the happiness, the love... They tell me that every single day of my life even when they don't say it.

Thank you, my hearts. I could never repay you for all that you have done and all that you continue to do for me...but I'm sure as hell gonna try. :D Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment