Friday, January 22, 2010

Sista, Sista


Cray-Cray and I went to Target today.

As we were getting out of the car, a woman and her son came up to us and offered to sell us little bags of potpourri in hopes of getting a little help. It was obvious that they were a family who was really struggling, ya know? My heart broke for them. I whine about being broke all the time and here I am shopping for clothes I don't need while there are people trying to figure out how they are going to feed their kids dinner that night.

Cray-Cray, in all of her beauty and grace, didn't think twice about pulling out her wallet and offering up what she had to the woman and boy. I followed her lead. No way was I spending that money on stupid material things when this woman was trying to feed her family. No way. And my amazing sister in Christ was such an example of Mary that I couldn't help but do as she did.

After talking to the woman and her son a little more, Cray-Cray asked if we could pray with them. This is when my heart just crumbled. There the four of us were standing in the middle of Target, holding hands, and praying. I hurt for them. I don't know where they are right now but I pray to God they're okay.

If you guys could pray for them, too, that would be so great.

It also made me realize how much we need each other. "We" being people. We have to watch each others back. Protect each other. Love each other. Hold each other.

It was definitely a wake up call for me today. Another nudge from the Man upstairs saying, "You think you've got it bad? Honey, look what I've given you."

Thanks for the heads up, Big Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment