Thursday, January 7, 2010

Home Away From Home

Being back at the apartment is really nice. Living with my sisters, having girl talk, and having snuggle fests. (Hehe!) It's a feeling of normalcy and comfort. This apartment is my comfort zone, I think.

On the other hand, being home was so great! My mom and I have been closer than ever. I always feel completely at peace when I'm in my room at home. Life is good there.

Being back is so great, though. I've been very productive. Doing my thing. Hanging out with people up here. Loving just being.

I've been really focusing on taking care of myself lately. Working on my relationship with my Father and taking care of my heart. Mushy stuff, I guess, haha. Seems dramatic, I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do. It's all harder than I thought, to be honest. My problem isn't that I'm not satisfied with Him alone. No, that isn't it. Because trust me, if I could just remain His only and never have to worry about anything else, I would be so content and happy. But God likes to do things His way because He knows what would make my heart truly and profoundly complete. He knows my heart's greatest desires, after all. So He throws all this confusing, complicated stuff in the mix that He understands but nooooo one else does. I'm trying to go where He wants, but, most days, I don't have a clue where that is, darnit! My heart is just really confused and I'm just focusing on sorting those things out lately. That's all. Just taking care of myself.

Being up here helps. My mom helps. My sisters. My Jesus. Mary. Cookie dough. Will Smith. All of the above.

I've been very blessed and I have so much to be thankful for so trust me when I say this, "Life is good." :)

I think the reason I'm writing this to you guys is because I need to request your prayers. So could you do that for me? Just a prayer. I'm praying hard for all of you, too. Thank you so much, my hearts!

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week. Smile at the sun tomorrow, okay?

Love,
Kelly

1 comment: