Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Healing


This weekend I worked an overnight retreat. I don't know what the retreatants got out of it but this weekend was amazing for me. Without going into too much ranting and raving, I went through a lot of healing this weekend. I was reminded of so many things I had forgotten. For instance, do you remember when I blogged about Captivating a while back? Well, I read the book over the summer and highlighted points throughout it. Turns out that everything I highlighted this summer was all directly related to what I am going through now. It was as if Summer Kelly had left me (Fall Kelly) a message.

I only read that book four months ago and I had already slipped away from it's message.

This weekend called forth from me the femininity and tenderness that I had put back on the shelf a while ago. Various people and circumstances called me to rise up as a woman of God and as a sister in Christ.

My heart is really attached to this new sense of sisterhood between me and my girl friends. I feel like I know now that I need them now more than ever and that they want to be my support. I feel very safe and at home in this rediscovered sisterly love and I'm sorry that I had forgotten about it.

I have decided to challenge myself to live each day with the feminine softness and grace that was given to me at the beginning of my existance. To be strong in my vulnerablity and to let myself be pursued by Christ, Most Holy. I'm letting his love and adoration be enough for me.

I have a long, long way to go. I know this blog was kind of everywhere. (I'm an ENFJ. Give me a break!) I am still on a road to peace of mind but this weekend was the exact push I needed to fight for it.

Message recieved, my Jesus. Message recieved.

Hope you all had a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment