Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mourning at the Movies


Today I did something I've been wanting to do for a long time now. Take myself to the movies. Just myself.

It was kind of a big deal to me because I spent the entire day by myself and that hasn't happened in a long, long time. It was much needed and I'm really glad I did it.

Anyway, I chose to go see a matinée for The Last Song. The new Nicholas Sparks movie that just came out with Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth.


The movie was good. The author and directors whipped up a recipe to ensure that it be a real tear jerker. And let me tell ya, IT WAS A REAL TEAR JERKER.

I wasn't expecting it. I was thinking it would just be a cheesy, little chick flick. It may have been cheesy...I don't know. It's the viewer's opinion. All I know is that I cried...a lot.

At first it was just silent tears but then I started sniffling and doing that thing where you catch your breath because you're crying so much. People...it was pathetic. The movie really got to me though! I couldn't help it!

There were only about eight other people in the theater anyway and I don't think you could have heard me unless you were sitting one or two seats away from me... ;D

I am completely aware of how ridiculous I am.

Here's the thing, though...I was not the loudest weeper in the theater. We had a wailer. And I'm saying a WAILER. Complete with mournings of, "Oooohhh!" And, "Oh my God!" Insert some wails of deep sorrow and intense sniffling and we had ourselves a real sobber. I imagine there was drool and snot somewhere in there, too.

At this point, I had started giggling uncontrollably. Muffled, of course, as to not discourage the poor girl from getting those feelings out. I had really lost it, though. I just couldn't stop laughing. But, my goodness, it was the funniest thing I've ever experienced at a theater. Every time I think about it, I just crack up. I started crying even more because I was laughing so hard!

Oh boy...

You cry, honey! You get it out, baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard reading this. "I imagine there was drool and snot somewhere in there, too." "You get it out, baby girl!" Loves it.

    I hope that when I see this movie, I too am blessed with a wailer in the theatre.

    ReplyDelete